Here is a list of my favorite resources to increase your well-being.
Career and Purpose Well-Being:
- Nice Girls Don’t Get the Corner Office: Unconscious Mistakes Women Make That Sabotage Their Careers by Lois Frankel, Ph.D.
- Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead by Sheryl Sandberg
- Bossypants by Tina Fey
- Stiletto Network: Inside the Women’s Power Circles That Are Changing the Face of Business by Pamela Ryckman
- Quitter: Closing the Gap Between Your Day Job & Your Dream Job by Jon Acuff
Financial Well-Being & Building Wealth:
- The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness by Dave Ramsey
- Overcoming Underearning: A Five-Step Plan to a Richer Life by Barbara Stanny
- Prince Charming Isn’t Coming: How Women Get Smart About Money by Barbara Stanny
- Secrets of Six-Figure Women: Surprising Strategies to Up Your Earnings and Change Your Life by Barbara Stanny
- Why We Buy: The Science of Shopping–Updated and Revised for the Internet, the Global Consumer, and Beyond by Paco Underhill
- Your Money and Your Brain: How the New Science of Neuroeconomics Can Help Make You Rich by Jason Zweig
- Emotional Currency: A Woman’s Guide to Building a Healthy Relationship with Money by Kate Levinson Ph.D.
- Millionaire Women Next Door: The Many Journeys of Successful American Businesswomen by Thomas J. Stanley Ph.D.
Social Well-Being and Love:
- The Female Brain by Louann Brizedine (A Must Read!!)
- Mating in Captivity: Unlocking Erotic Intelligence by Esther Perel
- He’s Just Not That Into You: The No-Excuses Truth to Understanding Guys by Greg Behrendt & Liz Tuccillo
- Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man: What Men Really Think About Love, Relationships, Intimacy, and Commitment by Steve Harvey
- The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts by Gary Chapman. Take the assessment at: http://www.5lovelanguages.com/profile/
- Going Solo: The Extraordinary Rise and Surprising Appeal of Living Alone by Eric Klinenberg
Physical Well-Being and Fitness:
- Sugar Blues by William Duffy
- Food Addiction: The Body Knows by Kay Sheppard
- Hungry for Change: Ditch the Diets, Conquer the Cravings, and Eat Your Way to Lifelong Health by James Colquhoun, Laurentine ten Bosch & Mark Hyman
- Meetup.com to join an activity group
- Any 12-step recovery group that focuses on food and body image issues. Check the internet for programs in your area (OA, FA, FAA, CEA, etc.)
- Join Meetups to build community or dinner once per month with neighbors
- Bowling Alone: The Collapse and Revival of American Community by Robert D. Putnam
- eWoman’s Network (national communities for entrepreneurial women)
- Women On Board: Insider Secrets to Getting on a Board and Succeeding as a Director by Susan Stautberg & Nancy Calderon
- Community: The Structure of Belonging by Peter Block
- The Abundant Community: Awakening the Power of Families and Neighborhoods by John McKnight & Peter Block
- Emotional Agility: Get Unstuck, Embrace Change, and Thrive in Work and Life by Susan David, Ph.D.
- Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More Than IQ by Daniel Goleman
- The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are by Brene’ Brown
- The following article: https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/negative-emotions-key-well-being/