Never again regret what you say (or don’t say) as a professional woman advancing yourself and your career.
Thrive On with Emotional Intelligence is intended for powerful, successful women who want to THRIVE by practicing skills in self-awareness and emotional intelligence for professional transformation and well-being.
Over the past 12 years, I have refined this curriculum through my work with other organizations, and insist on a few must-haves for the experience to work. Most important among them is that we be removed from the distractions of the world (and technology).
A “personal retreat to yourself” is the perfect metaphor for both the peace and tranquility we need in order to rediscover ourselves, as well as the scary, dark terrain that manifests from some of our emotions.
There are no PowerPoint decks in this experience. There are no tables in our space. We work in small groups of three, and much of our work is done in relationship with one another.
This experience will strengthen you to:
- increase your self-awareness for greater career success;
- deepen relationships at work and at home;
- manage personal change effectively;
- set clear boundaries for yourself and others;
- clearly articulate what you think, feel and want when it matters; and
- practice new communication skills while building a supportive community.
About the Location:
The Historic Edgefield, built in 1911, is a destination resort in the Pacific Northwest that blends Oregon’s natural beauty with local funky decorum: original buildings were carefully restored with cozy interiors, gardens grown using organic methods, great food and drink, live entertainment and so much more.
Encompassing a 74-acre parcel of farmland at the mouth of the spectacular Columbia River Gorge Scenic Area, Edgefield is a 20-minute drive to or from the center of downtown Portland and about 15 minutes from Portland International Airport.
Participants can elect to stay overnight at the hotel for the seminar, however it is not required.
For lodging, contact the hotel directly: (503) 669-8610
The main building, with over 100 European-style guestrooms and hostel accommodations, is furnished in turn-of-the-century decor. There are no televisions or telephones in the rooms, but free Wi-Fi can be found in the restaurants and main lounging areas. This encourages tranquility and peace as you dive into your deep work of self reflection and renewal.
Activities at The Edgefield:
When we are not practicing the skills of emotional and social intelligence, enjoy these activities on your own.
- Wander about the extensive gardens
- Visit the onsite glass-blower and potter
- Have a look at extensive artwork on the interior walls & pipes
- Watch a recent-run movie in the historic movie theater
- Listen to live music
- Pick up souvenirs in the cutest little gift shop ever!!
- Take a swim in the outdoor heated soaking pool filled with soft, buoyant saltwater that’s heated to a comfortable 102 degrees
- Book a spa appointment – their trained staff offers manicures, pedicures, massage, body treatments, make-up application, and hair styling
- Enjoy a glass of wine or perhaps a pot of tea during your soak, the tiny Tea House Bar opens up directly onto the soaking pool patio
- Play a round of golf at their two par-3 Pub Courses (12 holes & 20 holes) as you meander throughout the Edgefield property, winding in and around thickets of blackberry bushes, all the while offering panoramic views of the Columbia River Gorge while you work on your short game.