What Thriving Purpose Well-Being looks like is a woman who wakes up every morning and looks forward to her day. She has the opportunity to use her strengths every day and has a sense that she is making progress on her personal goals. She feels enthusiastic about her future, whether it is with her career or her personal ambitions. She enjoys weekdays as much as she enjoys weekends.
Interesting ideas about Purpose Well-Being:
- You are twice as likely to THRIVE if you have career well being
- Work alters the brain and bloodstream (Cortisol or Dopamine?)
- Your recovery is faster from a death or divorce than from a job loss
- The person we least want to be around is our boss – (What do you think about that?)
- Purpose Well Being can determine life span
Source: Rath, T. & Harter, J. (2010). Well Being: The Five Essential Elements. New York: Gallup Press.